Tuesday, March 19, 2019

For March 24, 2019


Worship Next Sunday
March 24, 2019

Preaching: Elder Dave Herrod

Sermon Text: Isaiah 50:4-9

Sermon Title: They stood for the truth, and so should we.

Music:
Opening Hymn: (#220) Give Praise to God
Preparation Hymn: (#243) How Firm a Foundation
Response Hymn: (#466) My Faith Looks Up to Thee
Closing Hymn: (#446) Be Thou My Vision

Meditation on God's Law: Contentment

Supporting Passages: Psalm 101, 1 Corinthians 15:19-28

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Psalm 100 (Tonight: Main Text)

Monday: (NO Daily Worship)

Tuesday: WSC #15, Psalm 116, Romans 11 (Daily Worship)

Wed.: WSC #16, Psalm 117, Romans 12 (Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 101 (Next Sunday: OT Reading)

Friday: 1 Corinthians 15:19-28 (Next Sunday: NT Reading)

Saturday: Isaiah 50:4-9 (Next Sunday: Main Text)

Meditating on the Scriptures Together

Morning: Isaiah 50:4-9

[4] The Lord GOD has given me
the tongue of those who are taught,
that I may know how to sustain with a word
him who is weary.
Morning by morning he awakens;
he awakens my ear
to hear as those who are taught.
[5] The Lord GOD has opened my ear,
and I was not rebellious;
I turned not backward.
[6] I gave my back to those who strike,
and my cheeks to those who pull out the beard;
I hid not my face
from disgrace and spitting.
[7] But the Lord GOD helps me;
therefore I have not been disgraced;
therefore I have set my face like a flint,
and I know that I shall not be put to shame.
[8] He who vindicates me is near.
Who will contend with me?
Let us stand up together.
Who is my adversary?
Let him come near to me.
[9] Behold, the Lord GOD helps me;
who will declare me guilty?
Behold, all of them will wear out like a garment;
the moth will eat them up.


Evening: Psalm 101

The Land of the Faithful