Monday, March 11, 2019

For March 17, 2019


Worship Next Sunday
March 17, 2019

Preaching: Elder Stephen Leavitt

Sermon Text: Isaiah 49:1-7

Sermon Title: On Mission

Music:
Opening Hymn: (#100B) All People That on Earth Do Dwell
Preparation Hymn: (#163) Open Now Thy Gates of Beauty
Response Hymn: (#287) Lift High the Cross
Closing Hymn: (#528) Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart

Meditation on God's Law: Truth

Supporting Passages: Psalm 100, 1 Corinthians 15:12-20

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Psalm 99 (Tonight: Main Text)

Monday: WSC #12, Psalm 113, Romans 8 (Daily Worship)

Tuesday: WSC #13, Psalm 114, Romans 9 (Daily Worship)

Wed.: WSC #14, Psalm 115, Romans 10 (Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 100 (Next Sunday: OT Reading)

Friday: 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 (Next Sunday: NT Reading)

Saturday: Isaiah 49:1-7 (Next Sunday: Main Text)

Meditating on the Scriptures Together

Morning: Isaiah 49:1-7

[1] Listen to me, O coastlands,
and give attention, you peoples from afar.
The LORD called me from the womb,
from the body of my mother he named my name.
[2] He made my mouth like a sharp sword;
in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me a polished arrow;
in his quiver he hid me away.
[3] And he said to me, “You are my servant,
Israel, in whom I will be glorified.”
[4] But I said, “I have labored in vain;
I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity;
yet surely my right is with the LORD,
and my recompense with my God.”
[5] And now the LORD says,
he who formed me from the womb to be his servant,
to bring Jacob back to him;
and that Israel might be gathered to him—
for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD,
and my God has become my strength—
[6] he says:
“It is too light a thing that you should be my servant
to raise up the tribes of Jacob
and to bring back the preserved of Israel;
I will make you as a light for the nations,
that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.”
[7] Thus says the LORD,
the Redeemer of Israel and his Holy One,
to one deeply despised, abhorred by the nation,
the servant of rulers:
“Kings shall see and arise;
princes, and they shall prostrate themselves;
because of the LORD, who is faithful,
the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you.”

Evening: Psalm 100

The Unchanging Character of God