Monday, July 1, 2013

For July 7, 2013

Worship Next Sunday
July 7, 2013

Preaching: Pastor Stephen Magee

Sermon Text: Acts 24:1-23

Sermon Title: With Respect to the Resurrection of the Dead

Music:
Opening: 7 From All That Dwell below the Skies
Preparation: 377 Jesus, Where'er Your People Meet
Response: W2 How Marvelous, How Wise, How Great
Closing: 699 Like a River Glorious

Confession of Faith: Nicene Creed

Supporting Passages: Psalm 6, Mark 10:35-45

Preparation Guide

Sunday: Hebrews 2:8a (Tonight: Main Text)
... putting everything in subjection under his feet.”
Monday: 1 Chronicles 5, Psalm 9 (Daily Worship)

Tuesday: 1 Chronicles 6, Psalm 10 (Daily Worship)

Wednesday: 1 Chronicles 7, Psalm 11 (Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 6 (Next Sunday: OT Reading)
The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD accepts my prayer. (6:9)
Friday: Mark 10:35-45 (Next Sunday: Gospel)
For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
(10:45)

Saturday: Acts 24:1-23 (Next Sunday: Main Text)
“It is with respect to the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you this day.” (24:21)


Heal Me, Lord, By Your Grace!
Tune: Arfryn, S.M.
Scriptures: Psalm 6, Mark 10:35-45, Acts 24:1-23


1: Heal me, Lord, by your grace!
My soul is so distressed.
You Lord have heard my honest plea.
The Lord my prayer accepts.

2: I want to be the best.
Can I be someone great?
Jesus, my Savior, lived to serve.
His wounds a ransom paid.

3: Will I then be despised,
Hated, and cursed by men?
My Savior's love has made me free.
I am alive again.