Sunday, June 30, 2013

For June 30, 2013

Worship Next Sunday
June 30, 2013

Preaching: Pastor Stephen Magee

Sermon Text: Acts 23:12-35

Sermon Title: Salvation Belongs to God

Music:
Opening: 18 You Holy Angles Bright
Preparation: 301 Join All the Glorious Names
Response: 670 If Thou But Suffer God to Guide Thee
Closing: 353 I Love Thy Kingdom, Lord

Confession of Faith: Nicene Creed

Supporting Passages: Psalm 3, Mark 10:17-31

Preparation Guide

Sunday: Hebrews 2:7b (Tonight: Main Text)
... putting everything in subjection under his feet.”
Monday: 1 Chronicles 2, Psalm 6 (Daily Worship)
Tuesday: 1 Chronicles 3, Psalm 7 (Daily Worship)

Wednesday: 1 Chronicles 4, Psalm 8 (Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 3 (Next Sunday: OT Reading)
Salvation belongs to the Lord; your blessing be on your people! (3:8)
Friday: Mark 10:17-31 (Next Sunday: Gospel)
... all things are possible with God.” (10:27)
Saturday: Acts 23:12-35 (Next Sunday: Main Text)
“... And when it was disclosed to me that there would be a plot against the man, I sent him to you at once,
ordering his accusers also to state before you what they have against him.” (23:30)


Strong Foes Without, Within
Tune: Vigil, S.M.
Scriptures: Psalm 3, Mark 10:17-31, Acts 23:12-35


1: Strong foes without, within,
Claim You are not my God.
Arise, O Lord! Save me, my God!
You're my salvation Lord!

2: The rich man cannot find
An easy way to God.
For him it is not possible.
For God it is not hard.

3: If I am all alone
in prison or the grave
You still are my salvation Lord.
You are the One who saves.