Sunday, February 23, 2020

For March 1, 2020


Worship Next Sunday
March 1, 2020

Preaching: Stephen Magee

Sermon Text: Mark 14:26-31

Sermon Title: I will not deny you

Music:
Opening Hymn: (#239) Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven
Preparation Hymn: (#243) How Firm a Foundation
Response Hymn: (#264) None Other Lamb
Closing Hymn: (#348) Glory Be to Jesus

Meditation on God's Law: Father and Mother

OT/NT Passages: Psalm 129, 1 Corinthians 2

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Psalm 128 (Tonight: Main Text)

Monday: WLC #22, Ps. 57, 3 Rev. 2 (Daily Worship)

Tuesday: WLC #23, Ps. 58, Rev. 3 (Daily Worship)

Wednesday: WLC #24, Ps. 59, Rev. 4 (Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 129 (Next Sunday: OT Reading)

Friday: 1 Corinthians 2 (Next Sunday: NT Reading)

Saturday: Mark 14:26-31 (Next Sunday: Main Text)


Meditating on the Scriptures Together

Morning: Mark 14:26-31

[26] And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives. [27] And Jesus said to them, “You will all fall away, for it is written, ‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.’ [28] But after I am raised up, I will go before you to Galilee.” [29] Peter said to him, “Even though they all fall away, I will not.” [30] And Jesus said to him, “Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times.” [31] But he said emphatically, “If I must die with you, I will not deny you.” And they all said the same.

Evening: Psalm 129
Blessing, Curse, and the Victory of the Afflicted One