Sunday, July 21, 2019

For July 28, 2019


Worship Next Sunday
July 28, 2019

Preaching: Ernie Shipman

Sermon Text: Jeremiah 45

Sermon Title: God's Message to Baruch

Music:
Opening Hymn: (#215) Give to Our God Immortal Praise
Preparation Hymn: (#392) Holy Ghost, Dispel Our Sadness
Response Hymn: (#231) Whate'er My God Ordains Is Right
Closing Hymn: (#485) Like a River Glorious

Meditation on God's Law: Idols

Supporting Passages: Psalm 119:1-8, Rom. 1:1-17

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Psalm 118 (Tonight: Main Text)

Monday: (NO Daily Worship)

Tuesday: (NO Daily Worship)

Wednesday: (NO Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 119:1-8 (Next Sunday: OT Reading)

Friday: Rom. 1:1-17 (Next Sunday: NT Reading)

Saturday: Jeremiah 45 (Next Sunday: Main Text)

Meditating on the Scriptures Together

Morning: Jeremiah 45

[1] The word that Jeremiah the prophet spoke to Baruch the son of Neriah, when he wrote these words in a book at the dictation of Jeremiah, in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah: [2] “Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, to you, O Baruch: [3] You said, ‘Woe is me! For the LORD has added sorrow to my pain. I am weary with my groaning, and I find no rest.’ [4] Thus shall you say to him, Thus says the LORD: Behold, what I have built I am breaking down, and what I have planted I am plucking up—that is, the whole land. [5] And do you seek great things for yourself? Seek them not, for behold, I am bringing disaster upon all flesh, declares the LORD. But I will give you your life as a prize of war in all places to which you may go.”

Evening: Psalm 119:1-8

Going For A Walk – Jim Blair Preaching