Monday, June 11, 2018

For June 17, 2018


Worship Next Sunday
June 17, 2018

Preaching: Pastor Steve Magee

Sermon Text: Mark 1:12-13

Sermon Title: Lead Us Not Into Temptation

Music:
Opening Hymn: (#30) Our God, Our Help in Ages Past
Preparation Hymn: (#437) O God, to Us Show Mercy
Response Hymn: (#347) The Church's One Foundation
Closing Hymn: (#455) And Can It Be That I Should Gain

Meditation on God's Law: Tenth Commandment

Supporting Passages: Psalm 62, 1 Peter 2:11-3:12

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Psalm 61 (Tonight: Main Text)

Mon: WSC #36, Psalm 30, Mark 14 (Daily Worship)

Tue: WSC #37, Psalm 31, Mark 15 (Daily Worship)

Wed: WSC #38, Psalm 32, Mark 16 (Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 62 (Next Sunday: OT Reading)

Friday: 1 Peter 2:11-3:12 (Next Sunday: NT Reading)

Saturday: Mark 1:12-13 (Next Sunday: Main Text)

Meditating on the Scriptures Together

Mark 1:12-13

The Spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness.
And he was in the wilderness forty days,
being tempted by Satan.
And he was with the wild animals.
And the angels were ministering to him.

The first Adam and the second Adam.
Jesus' temptation and ours.


Psalm 62

[1] For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.

[2] He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.


[5] For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.
[6] He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
[7] On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.