Monday, May 14, 2018

For May 20, 2018


Worship Next Sunday
May 20, 2018

Preaching: Pastor Steve Magee

Sermon Text: Numbers 6:22-27

Sermon Title: And I Will Bless Them

Music:
Opening Hymn: (#19) Thee We Adore, Eternal Lord!
Preparation Hymn: (#301) Join All the Glorious Names
Response Hymn: (#44) How Great Thou Art
Closing Hymn: (#691) It Is Well with My Soul

Meditation on God's Law: Sixth Commandment

Supporting Passages: Psalm 58, John 21:15-19

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Psalm 57 (Tonight: Main Text)

Mon: WSC #25, Psalm 19, Mark 3 (Daily Worship)

Tue: WSC #26, Psalm 20, Mark 4 (Daily Worship)

Wed: WSC #27, Psalm 21, Mark 5 (Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 58 (Next Sunday: OT Reading)

Friday: John 21:15-19 (Next Sunday: NT Reading)

Saturday: Numbers 6:22-27 (Next Sunday: Main Text)

Meditating on the Scriptures Together

Numbers 6:22-27

[22] The LORD spoke to Moses, saying, [23] “Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, Thus you shall bless the people of Israel: you shall say to them,

[24] The LORD bless you and keep you;
[25] the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
[26] the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
[27] So shall they put my name upon the people of Israel, and I will bless them.”


John 21:15-19

[15] When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” [16] He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” [17] He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep. [18] Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were young, you used to dress yourself and walk wherever you wanted, but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will dress you and carry you where you do not want to go.” [19] (This he said to show by what kind of death he was to glorify God.) And after saying this he said to him, “Follow me.”