Monday, April 23, 2018

For April 29, 2018


Worship Next Sunday
April 29, 2018

Preaching: Stephen Leavitt

Sermon Text: 1 Peter 1:3-9

Sermon Title: Living Hope

Music:
Opening Hymn: (#168) I Greet Thee, Who My Sure ...
Preparation Hymn: (#335) Gracious Spirit, Dwell with Me
Response Hymn: (#705) I Know Whom I Have Believed
Closing Hymn: (#699) Like a River Glorious

Meditation on God's Law: Third Commandment

Supporting Passages: Psalms 55, John 20:24-29

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Psalm 54 (Tonight: Main Text)

Mon: (NO Daily Worship)

Tue: (NO Daily Worship)

Wed: (NO Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 55 (Next Sunday: OT Reading)

Friday: John 20:24-29 (Next Sunday: NT Reading)

Saturday: 1 Peter 1:3-9 (Next Sunday: Main Text)

Meditating on the Scriptures Together


1 Peter 1:3-9

Press Release:
The blessings of salvation are life-long and beyond, a living hope that we have as God's children. As His children we have been saved, are being saved, and will be saved. In 1 Peter 1:3-9 we will consider the multiple facets of salvation, the One who makes it all possible, and the blessing associated with being people of faith, notably that we have a living hope that leads to great joy and rejoicing.



John 21:24-29

[24] Now Thomas, one of the twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. [25] So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he said to them, “Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe.”

[26] Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” [27] Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” [28] Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” [29] Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”