Monday, January 22, 2018

For January 28, 2018

Worship Next Sunday
January 28, 2018

Preaching: Pastor Steve Magee

Sermon Text: 1 Chronicles 18

Sermon Title: In the Service of the King

Music:
Opening Hymn: (#166) Wondrous King, All-Glorious
Preparation Hymn: (#172) Let Us Love and Sing and Wonder
Response Hymn: (#342) Christ Is Made the Sure Foundation
Closing Hymn: (#604) Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart

Meditation on God's Law: Third Commandment

Supporting Passages: Psalm 41, Matthew 11:25-30

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Psalm 40 (Tonight: Main Text)

Monday: Zechariah 7, Psalm 127 (Daily Worship)
Tuesday: Zechariah 8, Psalm 128 (Daily Worship)

Wednesday: Zechariah 9, Psalm 129 (Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 41 (Next Sunday: OT Read.)

Friday: Matthew 11:25-30 (Next Sunday: NT Read.)

Saturday: 1 Chronicles 18 (Next Sunday: Main Text)

Meditating on the Scriptures Together


1 Chronicles 18

The Lord gave victory to David

David reigned over all Israel



Matthew 11:25-30


[25] At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; [26] yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. [27] All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. [28] Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”