Monday, December 25, 2017

For December 31, 2017

Worship Next Sunday
December 31, 2017

Preaching: Pastor Steve Magee

Sermon Text: 1 Chronicles 14

Sermon Title: David knew that the Lord had established him

Music:
Opening Hymn: (#1) All People That on Earth Do Dwell
Preparation Hymn: (#520) Jesus, Thy Blood and ...
Response Hymn: (#644) May the Mind of Christ My Savior
Closing Hymn: (#534) O For a Closer Walk with God

Meditation on God's Law: First Great Commandment

Supporting Passages: Psalm 37, Matthew 10:34-39

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Luke 1-2 (Tonight: Main Text)

Monday: (No Daily Worship)
Tuesday: (No Daily Worship)

Wednesday: (No Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 37 (Next Sunday: OT Read.)

Friday: Matthew 10:34-39 (Next Sunday: NT Read.)

Saturday: 1 Chronicles 14 (Next Sunday: Main Text)

Meditating on the Scriptures Together

1 Chronicles 14

David's House

David's Subjects

David's Family

David's Victories

David's Fame

David's God



Matthew 10:34-39

[34] Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. [35] For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. [36] And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. [37] Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. [38] And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. [39] Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.