Monday, June 26, 2017

For July 2, 2017

Worship Next Sunday
July 2, 2017

Preaching: Pastor Steve Magee

Sermon Text: 1 Chronicles 4:1-23

Sermon Title: The Lessons of Judah and the Pain and Victory of Jabez

Music:
Opening Hymn: (#30) Our God, Our Help in Ages Past
Preparation Hymn: (#461) Not What My Hands Have Done
Response Hymn: (#493) We Have Not Known Thee ...
Closing Hymn: (#455) And Can It Be That I Should Gain

Meditation on God's Law: First Great Commandment

Supporting Passages: Psalm 20, Matthew 8:5-13

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Psalm 19 (Tonight: Main Text)

Monday: Daniel 6, Psalm 83 (Daily Worship)
Tuesday: Daniel 7, Psalm 84 (Daily Worship)

Wednesday: Daniel 8, Psalm 85 (Daily Worship)

Thursday: Psalm 20 (Next Sunday: OT Read.)

Friday: Matthew 8:5-13 (Next Sunday: Gospel)

Saturday: 1 Chronicles 4:1-23 (Next Sunday: Main Text)
Meditating on the Scriptures Together

1 Chronicles 4:1-23

The lessons of Judah

The pain of Jabez

The victory of Jabez

The prayers of Jesus

Matthew 8:5-13


[5] When he had entered Capernaum, a centurion came forward to him, appealing to him, [6] “Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, suffering terribly.” [7] And he said to him, “I will come and heal him.” [8] But the centurion replied, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof, but only say the word, and my servant will be healed. [9] For I too am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes, and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” [10] When Jesus heard this, he marveled and said to those who followed him, “Truly, I tell you, with no one in Israel have I found such faith. [11] I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, [12] while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” [13] And to the centurion Jesus said, “Go; let it be done for you as you have believed.” And the servant was healed at that very moment.