Monday, June 16, 2014

For June 22, 2014

Worship Next Sunday
June 22, 2014

Preaching: Bruce Johnson

Sermon Text: 1 John 4:7-21

Sermon Title: The Exorbitant, Eccentric Love of God

Music:
Opening hymn: 53 Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
Preparation hymn: 38 Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise
Response hymn: 261 What Wondrous Love Is This
Closing hymn: 580 Lead On, O King Eternal

Meditation on God's Law: “Follow Me” – Luke 9:23-26

Supporting Passages: Ezekiel 33:30-32, 1 Corinthians 13

Preparation Guide


Sunday: Hebrews 7:15-19 (Tonight: Main Text)

Monday: Job 32 (Daily Worship)

Tuesday: Job 33 (Daily Worship)

Wednesday: Job 34 (Daily Worship)

Thursday: Ezekiel 33:30-32 (Next Sunday: OT Reading)

Friday: 1 Corinthians 13 (Next Sunday: NT Reading)

Saturday: 1 John 4:7-21 (Next Sunday: Main Text)




Meditating on the Scriptures Together
Review and Anticipation: Psalm 120:1-7


In my distress
I called to the Lord,
and he answered me.
Deliver me, O LORD,
from lying lips,
from a deceitful tongue.
What shall be given to you,
and what more shall be done to you,
you deceitful tongue?
A warrior's sharp arrows,
with glowing coals of the broom tree
Woe to me, that I sojourn in Meshech,
that I dwell among the tents of Kedar!
Too long have I had my dwelling

among those who hate peace.
I am for peace,
but when I speak, they are for war!